When choosing an online nursing school, itâ€™s important to find an accredited program. Accreditation is important because it ensures the value of your education and that the nursings schools maintain high level of quality and integrity.
What Does Being Accredited Mean?
Online nursing schools are granted or denied accreditation by an accreditation agency. The agency holds all nursing schools to the same standards and bases its decisions on 5 basic evaluation criteria:
- Mission and Integrity
- Preparing for the Future
- Student Learning and Effective Teaching
- Acquisition, Discovery, and Application of Knowledge
- Engagement and Service
Get more detailed information about the accreditation criteria and process here.
How Do Online Nursing Schools Become Accredited?
Schools are accredited based on a review from one of 6 regional accreditation agencies. These organizations are:
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA)
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Other Nursing Resources
Featured Online Nursing Programs
Unfortunately there are no schools currently enrolling in this area.
Please check again later, or click here to broaden your search.