Online Healthcare Schools & Programs
Online healthcare schools can prepare you for a great career path in the growing field of healthcare. Online healthcare programs are exploding with demand due to the rapid growth of the healthcare industry. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in healthcare are growing much faster than other industries. Online healthcare schools and online healthcare programs can help you be a part of this success.
Online healthcare schools provide the same education provided by traditional healthcare schools and programs, but in a convenient, flexible online format. Explore the online healthcare programs below and see which programs are right for you.
Online Healthcare Schools Enrolling Now
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- A.S. Healthcare Management
- A.S. Health Information Technology
- Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma
- Health Sciences Associate (Pharm. Tech.)
- A.S. Health & Human Services, ASST, HHS
- Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma
- A.S. Health Sciences - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Graduate Business Certificate in Health Services Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
Allen School of Health Sciences - Online
Unlike other schools, the Allen School specializes in training medical professionals ONLY. That’s why doctor’s line up to hire Allen School graduates. Plus, with Allen School’s unique Fast-Track to Success program, you can learn in as little as 9 months what other schools require 15 months to complete. You qualify for the same job, the same pay and get 6 full months of your life back. Bottom line: you save time and money. Only the Allen School has it.
Allen School is Nationally Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and Licensed by the States of NY & AZ.
- Allen School of Health Sciences
- Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
A career-focused degree is the key to a career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction. We want to help you get that degree with a convenient online program. You can earn an Associate’s degree in 15 to 20 months, and a Bachelor’s degree in 30 to 36 months at Independence University.
- Health Information Management (BS)
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Administrative Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician - Certificate
More Online Healthcare Programs
Choosing the Right Online Healthcare School
Choosing between online healthcare schools is no easy task. Different online healthcare schools offer different online healthcare programs, so there is a wide variety to choose from. You should be sure to choose the right program based on your career goals and educational background.
If your career goals are focused, and you know exactly what you want to do with your online healthcare degree, it will pay to enroll in a narrowly focused online healthcare program that will train you in only the skills you are looking for. However if you are uncertain of your healthcare career goals, it may be better to find broader online healthcare schools and programs, so you have room to change directions later.
It is also important to keep in mind that many healthcare careers, such as medical assisting, medical billing and coding, and nursing may require licensing or certification, so you should be sure your online healthcare program can prepare you for any certification needs you may have.
Online Healthcare Schools vs Traditional Healthcare Schools
Online healthcare schools are only different from traditional healthcare schools on the surface. Online healthcare programs still use a professor to assign work, help students and answer questions. What separates online healthcare schools and online healthcare programs from their campus-based counterparts is lack of a physical location, which provides more flexibility and fewer costs.
Read more about what online healthcare schools are like by reading our Guide to Taking an Online Course.