Attending an online medical billing and coding training program gives you the opportunity to work as a liaison between patients and medical professionals, and allows you the flexibility to study where and when you are able to. Medical coding professionals are one of the fastest growing healthcare professions, and online medical billing and coding schools offer relatively short, relatively affordable program options.
A medical coding professional must obtain certification through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). In order to do this you can take one of the many online medical coding programs that have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Online Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
Allied Professional Healthcare School
Are you looking to enhance your skills or begin a challenging new career? Allied Professional Healthcare School can help by providing a high quality education to help you achieve your goals.
Our online learning environment caters to the unique needs of busy adults seeking to develop necessary skills to begin a new career or change career paths. That’s why Allied Professional Healthcare School has more than 1 million enrollments since 1992. Benefits like live education and tech support, interest-free pay plans and 24/7 course access ensure our students maintain a comfortable balance between their training goals and daily life.
We’re proud to offer you the complete educational experience from start to finish, including:
- Up-To-Date Learning Methods. All course materials are kept current, updated regularly and specifically designed for the online learning experience.
- Live Support. Even when you study at home, you’re never alone. Our fully-staffed Educational Support and Student Services Departments are here to answer any questions you have.
- Career Search Preparation. Receive valuable feedback and tips on resumes, cover letters networking, interviewing and more.
- Peace of Mind. With our comprehensive course materials, staff support, and on-the-job training opportunities, you can have the confidence you need to be able to perform your job responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
How Allied Professional Healthcare School Students Benefit:
- Convenient Online Classes-Start Training on Your Schedule!
- High Quality Education that’s 100% Online
- No Class Waitlist
- National Accreditation
Education that Meets Your Unique Needs:
- Prepare for a new career path and brighter future
- Enhance skills and reinforce your current career
- Military-friendly education (Tuition Assistance and MyCAA accepted)
At Allied Professional Healthcare School, we strive to:
- Deliver quality career training that fits your schedule
- Provide the live support you need to successfully complete your training and launch a career you’ll love
- Prepare you for success in the real world
- Medical Coding
Fortis Online hybrid medical programs offer students the best of all worlds: the convenience and flexibility of online classes while still enjoying the community and support of a campus setting. Online learning also gives students the opportunity to build valuable computer skills that support success in the workplace. The physical classroom at which the student will complete on-campus coursework is located at a Fortis College or Institute with which our school has a consortium agreement. The specific location of the on-campus classroom is determined in collaboration with the student during the Admissions process.
FORTIS Online proudly supports members of the United States Armed Forces and their spouses. We offer several benefits to service members while pursuing their advanced education programs.
Proud Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium.
- FORTIS Online - Medical
- Medical Billing and Coding Online
Ultimate Medical Academy
Get Personalized Attention with UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
Engaging Online Learning
You’ll get individual feedback from your instructors, watch educational videos, participate in discussion boards and have access to live study group sessions. Many of our students also study on-the-go with MyUMA Mobile App.
Some UMA programs include certification exam preparation. We can help you get ready for testing. Earning your certification could be a way to further stand out in your career field by adding a credential to your training.
UMA has a relationship with more than 48,000 employers across the country and we use that network to search for job opportunities and schedule interviews for our graduates. As a UMA student, you’ll also be able to get help with writing your resume and receive pre-interview coaching.
It’s all about what you learn. We ask employers and industry experts for their insight about what today’s students need to be learning to be ready for tomorrow. The result is training programs with up-to-date job skills that help prepare you for a new career.
Ultimate Medical Academy provides a variety of diploma and associate degree training programs online. With UMA, students can pursue a rewarding career in these areas:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Healthcare Management
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Health and Human Services
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Healthcare Technology & Systems
- Medical Office and Billing Specialist
As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Ultimate Medical Academy Online
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
Pittsburgh Technical College
Thanks for your interest in Pittsburgh Technical College. As the marketplace continues to become more competitive, rewarding those with the right training for the job, Pittsburgh Technical College is ideally positioned to give you the skills you need to compete. In fact, you can choose to get your certificate or associate degree at our convenient North Fayette campus in several emerging industries including:
- Health Care
- Building Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Welding Technology
- Culinary Arts
In addition to a diverse, market-centered program offering and a continued commitment to hands-on training and flexible schedules, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of:
- Programs designed by industry insiders
- Career placement services
- An Adult-Centered Learning Environment at our Cranberry Center
- Industry-recognized certifications
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
Plus, you can receive a certificate in as little as 9 months, or an associate degree in as little as 21 months.
So go ahead, tell us a little about you, and we’ll send you some information about us.
Required is a high school diploma or GED; some programs of study require a background check or other special admissions conditions.
For graduation rates, earnings, and educational debt information, please visit us online at pti.edu/disclosures.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Pittsburgh Technical College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, 267.284.5000, (www.msche.org). MSA is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
PTC’s Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board, permitting graduates to sit for their certification exam.
PTC’s Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
PTC’s Therapeutic Massage Practitioner program meets the requirements of an Assigned School for the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
In 2003, the Pennsylvania Secretary of Education authorized PTC to operate as a college and to award the Associate in Science degree to graduates of approved programs.
Approved for the training of state rehabilitation students
Approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security
Approved for the training of veterans and war orphans
Approved for the training of dislocated workers through CareerLink
G.I. Jobs designated Pittsburgh Technical College a military friendly school placing the institution in the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
International Tutor Program Certification
PTC’s Tutoring Center is authorized to issue certificates to tutors meeting College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) requirements.
PTC is a member of The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Office Administration
Miller-Motte College Online
At MMC, we focus on offering the latest courses, and we care about the personal success of each and every one of our students. Because the marketplace demands it, we offer degrees and diplomas leading to long-term sustainable careers for our grads.
MMC’s purpose is to improve the quality of life for the region it serves by developing a competent and educated workforce for career positions in demand.
- Electronic Medical Records - Associate of Applied Science
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020. Our unique approach includes:
- Listening to and meeting the needs of employers and CEOs of major companies.
- Preparing students with a real-world, career-focused curriculum.
- Immersing students in our Excellence System, which promotes lifelong learning and equips students with the competencies they need for their chosen profession.
At Davenport, we want to be renowned nationally and internationally as a quality institution of higher education. By understanding the market better than anyone, we believe our students will get where the world is going.
- Health Information Management, BS
- Health Informatics and Information Management, MS
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
What are Online Medical Billing and Coding Programs Like?
Once you are enrolled in one of the online medical coding schools available, you will learn how to translate medical diagnoses and procedures into a simple code that is used throughout the healthcare industry to simplify medical records and billing documentation.
Each single visit made by a patient to a medical professional requires correctly coded information. As the demand for quality healthcare continues to grow, so does the demand for medical coding specialists. Online medical coding programs allow you to study courses such as human anatomy and medical terminology used by healthcare professionals, develop an understanding of diagnostic and procedure coding, and learn about the Internet and medical coding software. Once you have graduated from one of the online medical coding programs you have the opportunity to seek a career in many healthcare settings.
Medical Coding Employment Opportunities
As a medical coder you will work in the billing office of a hospital, clinic, or doctor’s office. Your job duties will involve assessing, completing, reviewing and filing medical claims so that insurance companies can reimburse healthcare providers for the goods and services that they provide to patients.
After graduating from one of the online medical coding programs, you will know that each individual medical procedure and patient service is allocated a special CPT code, and each diagnosis also has its own ICD. These numbers enable insurance companies to track and account for the money they use to reimburse healthcare practitioners and prevent errors and fraud in medical insurance claims.
As a medical coder you will be expert at working with numbers and you will have a superior attention to detail. Most of the work will entail administrative tasks involved with reviewing and submitting claims, working with medical coding and billing computer software. You will also occasionally be using your interpersonal skills with medical professionals and other members of staff, when you need to find out further patient information.