Online Medical Billing Schools & Programs
Online medical billing degree programs, taken through accredited online medical billing schools, can be a major asset in your quest to join the field of medical billing and coding. Medical billers work with patients and insurance carriers to make sure payments are received in a timely manner. You can become a skilled medical billing professional and earn a good medical billing salary by pursuing online medical billing schools.
While studying for your online medical billing degree you will develop an understanding of human anatomy, the complex language used by medical professionals, and the laws and regulations that apply to the field of medical billing and coding. You will also learn about the practical and legal aspects of health insurance, types of healthcare plans, criteria for judging who is eligible for health insurance, and how to code, properly document, and bill for any services rendered to patients by medical professionals.
Graduates of online medical billing schools have employment opportunities in clinics, hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient surgery centers, dental offices, government agencies and long-term care facilities.
Online Medical Billing Schools Enrolling Now
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Allied American University
Allied American University is a leading, nationally accredited online institution that offers several flexible certificate programs designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a career in the medical field. Allied Health Department’s certificate programs prepare students for real-world medical positions by teaching specific job functions for each program. AAU offers healthcare certificate programs in Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Medical Administrative Assisting, and Pharmacy Technician.
- Certificate of Medical Billing
- Certificate of Medical Coding
- Certificate of Medical Administrative Assistant
FORTIS Online is a POWERFUL Learning Experience.
FORTIS Online delivers a career-focused education suited for working adults like you who are looking to achieve their professional goals. FORTIS is an accredited institution where our courses are designed to give you plenty of options such as access to your courses and instructors on your schedule – both day and evening – so you can fit your education into your busy lifestyle.
Fortis Online offers blended learning medical programs where you can earn an associate degree in Medical Assisting or Medical Billing and Coding. These online medical degree programs from Fortis are hybrid learning programs where students complete most courses online and other courses in a physical classroom at a local Fortis campus. This combines the convenience and flexibility of online learning with the community and support of a campus setting.
- FORTIS Online
- Medical Billing and Coding Online
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020. Our unique approach includes:
- Listening to and meeting the needs of employers and CEOs of major companies.
- Preparing students with a real-world, career-focused curriculum.
- Immersing students in our Excellence System, which promotes lifelong learning and equips students with the competencies they need for their chosen profession.
At Davenport, we want to be renowned nationally and internationally as a quality institution of higher education. By understanding the market better than anyone, we believe our students will get where the world is going.
- Health Information Management, BS
- Health Informatics and Information Management, MS
- Health Information Technology (HIT), AAS
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
Get Personalized Attention with UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
Engaging Online Learning
You’ll get individual feedback from your instructors, watch educational videos, participate in discussion boards and have access to live study group sessions. Many of our students also study on-the-go with MyUMA Mobile App.
Some UMA programs include certification exam preparation. We can help you get ready for testing. Earning your certification could be a way to further stand out in your career field by adding a credential to your training.
UMA has a relationship with more than 48,000 employers across the country and we use that network to search for job opportunities and schedule interviews for our graduates. As a UMA student, you’ll also be able to get help with writing your resume and receive pre-interview coaching.
It’s all about what you learn. We ask employers and industry experts for their insight about what today’s students need to be learning to be ready for tomorrow. The result is training programs with up-to-date job skills that help prepare you for a new career.
Ultimate Medical Academy provides a variety of diploma and associate degree training programs online. With UMA, students can pursue a rewarding career in these areas:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Healthcare Management
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Health and Human Services
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Healthcare Technology & Systems
- Medical Office and Billing Specialist
As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- A.S. Health Information Technology
- Health Sciences Associate (Pharm. Tech.)
- Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma
- A.S. Health & Human Services
- A.S. Healthcare Management
Charter College Online
Charter College is a private, independent institution of higher education that follows a new direction. Charter College is neither a liberal arts college, a university, nor a vocational school. Instead, Charter College borrows certain elements from each of those respected educational institutions to create a unique and innovative experience for our students.
We offer career training programs in the growing fields of health care, business, the legal field, criminal justice, information technology, and select trade careers. We strive to provide our students with a career-focused education that is both relevant in today’s workspace and cutting-edge in technology and focus.
- Charter College - Fife - Online
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- BS - Health Care Administration
- AS - Allied Health
Advantages of Online Medical Billing Schools
The most obvious advantage to obtaining medical billing training through online medical billing schools is the convenience of learning at your own pace. This is a particular advantage if you are already working and you wish to take an online medical billing program in order to begin your first career, make a career move, or advance your current career.
Beyond this however, there are other advantages to attending online medical billing schools that you may not have noticed:
- Work at Home: Going to school online means you can take medical billing and coding classes from the convenience of your own home. This is great for students with disabilities, limited resources for travel, a family, or other time commitments.
- Save Money: Another advantage of online medical billing programs is that they enable you to save money. Online medical billing programs often cost less than on-campus programs because the lack of a brick-and-mortar building means less liability and overhead for the school. Lack of commuting expenses can also be a substantial savings.
- Flexibility: Online medical billing schools do not use rigid classroom schedules, so you can choose the hours you study to fit in with your regular, daily routine and any other commitments you may have.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in the field of medicine, online medical billing schools can open many exciting opportunities for employment within the healthcare profession. Also be sure to see: