Online Medical Billing Schools & Programs
Online medical billing degree programs, taken through accredited online medical billing schools, can be a major asset in your quest to join the field of medical billing and coding. Medical billers work with patients and insurance carriers to make sure payments are received in a timely manner. You can become a skilled medical billing professional and earn a good medical billing salary by pursuing online medical billing schools.
While studying for your online medical billing degree you will develop an understanding of human anatomy, the complex language used by medical professionals, and the laws and regulations that apply to the field of medical billing and coding. You will also learn about the practical and legal aspects of health insurance, types of healthcare plans, criteria for judging who is eligible for health insurance, and how to code, properly document, and bill for any services rendered to patients by medical professionals.
Graduates of online medical billing schools have employment opportunities in clinics, hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient surgery centers, dental offices, government agencies and long-term care facilities.
Online Medical Billing Schools Enrolling Now
Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
- Associate Degree in Advanced Medical Billing Coding and Electronic Health Records
Since 1961, the Allen School has trained over 63,000 women and men in the medical field. Will you be next? Unlike other schools, the Allen School specializes in training medical professionals ONLY. That’s why doctor’s line up to hire Allen School graduates. Plus, with Allen School’s unique Fast-Track to Success program, you can learn in as little as 9 months what other schools require 15 months to complete. You qualify for the same job, the same pay and get 6 full months of your life back. Bottom line: you save time and money. Only the Allen School has it.
Allen School is Nationally Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and Licensed by the States of NY & AZ.
- Allen School (Online)
- Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
AmeriTech College Online
Even in today’s economy, the demand for skilled workers shows no signs of slowing. Experts predict that healthcare will generate 3 million new wage and salary jobs between 2006 and 2016-more than any other industry.
Since 1979, AmeriTech College has successfully prepared students for rewarding opportunities in the healthcare industry.
- AmeriTech College Online
- Medical Coding and Reimbursement
- Health Information Technology
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Electronic Health Records Office Professional - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
San Joaquin Valley College
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates. Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California – including an Online division – and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields. Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction, hands-on training and learning the skills they need to go straight to work in today’s competitive job market.
- Medical Office
- Medical Office
Kaplan University Online
At Kaplan University you’ll find professors with real-world experience who can help you develop your talent and achieve your goals. We offer more than 180 degrees in areas such as health sciences, legal studies, nursing, business and technology, and more!
Kaplan is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education with operations around the globe.
For Kaplan University Gainful Employment program disclosure information click here.
- Kaplan University Online
- AAS in Health Information Technology
College of Health Care Professionals
Why Choose CHCP Online?
- Flexible course schedules – complete your work when you choose, wherever you choose
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Student Services Advisors provided to all online students
- Instructors hold direct industry experience in their respective fields
- Timely, relevant program curriculums
- 24/7 IT support
- Health Information Technology Management
Since 1902, Harrison College has provided thousands of students with the opportunity to learn market-relevant skills and acquire market-relevant knowledge to prepare careers in Business, Criminal Justice, Information Technology, Health, Veterinary Technology and Culinary.
- Medical Reimbursement Technology
- Medical Office Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
- Health Sciences Associate (Pharm. Tech.)
- Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- A.S. Health Information Technology
- A.S. Healthcare Management
Virginia College provides the convenience of flexible class schedules with the benefits of small class sizes. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, helping open doors for everyone who wants to improve his or her education and opportunities!
- Healthcare Reimbursement
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.
- Ashworth College
- Medical Billing and Claims (Certified)
- Medical Office Assistant (Certified)
- Medical Transcription
Allied Schools is a leading, nationally accredited institution with more than 20 online, self-paced certificate programs in the fields of business, real estate, emerging green technologies and health care.
Our online learning environment caters to the unique needs of busy adult learners seeking to enhance skills sets and/or change career paths. That’s why Allied has helped more than 1 million students with the pursuit of their education since 1992. Benefits like live education and tech support, interest-free pay plans and 24/7 course access ensure our students maintain a comfortable balance between their training goals and daily life.
- Allied Schools
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
Penn Foster Career School
Having the right skills is vitally important in today’s super-competitive job market. With online training from Penn Foster Career School, students are assured of learning up-to-date career skills that will prepare them for the jobs of today and tomorrow. Students at Penn Foster Career School can get the training they need quickly, conveniently, and affordably.
Penn Foster is one of the world’s largest and most respected online education providers. Their programs are job focused, and they offer training for employment in the fastest-growing fields in business, technology, health care, and the trades.
- Penn Foster Career School Campus Online
- Medical Billing and Coding
Advantages of Online Medical Billing Schools
The most obvious advantage to obtaining medical billing training through online medical billing schools is the convenience of learning at your own pace. This is a particular advantage if you are already working and you wish to take an online medical billing program in order to begin your first career, make a career move, or advance your current career.
Beyond this however, there are other advantages to attending online medical billing schools that you may not have noticed:
- Work at Home: Going to school online means you can take medical billing and coding classes from the convenience of your own home. This is great for students with disabilities, limited resources for travel, a family, or other time commitments.
- Save Money: Another advantage of online medical billing programs is that they enable you to save money. Online medical billing programs often cost less than on-campus programs because the lack of a brick-and-mortar building means less liability and overhead for the school. Lack of commuting expenses can also be a substantial savings.
- Flexibility: Online medical billing schools do not use rigid classroom schedules, so you can choose the hours you study to fit in with your regular, daily routine and any other commitments you may have.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in the field of medicine, online medical billing schools can open many exciting opportunities for employment within the healthcare profession. Also be sure to see: