Online Medical Billing Schools & Programs
Online medical billing degree programs, taken through accredited online medical billing schools, can be a major asset in your quest to join the field of medical billing and coding. Medical billers work with patients and insurance carriers to make sure payments are received in a timely manner. You can become a skilled medical billing professional and earn a good medical billing salary by pursuing online medical billing schools.
While studying for your online medical billing degree you will develop an understanding of human anatomy, the complex language used by medical professionals, and the laws and regulations that apply to the field of medical billing and coding. You will also learn about the practical and legal aspects of health insurance, types of healthcare plans, criteria for judging who is eligible for health insurance, and how to code, properly document, and bill for any services rendered to patients by medical professionals.
Graduates of online medical billing schools have employment opportunities in clinics, hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient surgery centers, dental offices, government agencies and long-term care facilities.
Online Medical Billing Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records - Certificate
- Medical Administrative Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
Allied American University
Allied American University is a leading, nationally accredited online institution that offers several flexible certificate programs designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a career in the medical field. Allied Health Department’s certificate programs prepare students for real-world medical positions by teaching specific job functions for each program. AAU offers healthcare certificate programs in Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Medical Administrative Assisting, and Pharmacy Technician.
- Certificate of Medical Coding
- Certificate of Medical Billing
- Certificate of Medical Administrative Assistant
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students — their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential — that’s why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That’s the Harrison Difference.
Harrison College campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national institutional accrediting body, to award associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees and certificates. The award level varies by campus.
- Medical Reimbursement Technology
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Office Assistant
FORTIS Online is a POWERFUL Learning Experience.
FORTIS Online delivers a career-focused education suited for working adults like you who are looking to achieve their professional goals. FORTIS is an accredited institution where our courses are designed to give you plenty of options such as access to your courses and instructors on your schedule – both day and evening – so you can fit your education into your busy lifestyle.
Fortis Online offers blended learning medical programs where you can earn an associate degree in Medical Assisting or Medical Billing and Coding. These online medical degree programs from Fortis are hybrid learning programs where students complete most courses online and other courses in a physical classroom at a local Fortis campus. This combines the convenience and flexibility of online learning with the community and support of a campus setting.
- FORTIS Online
- Medical Billing and Coding Online
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
- Health Sciences Associate (Pharm. Tech.)
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- A.S. Health Information Technology
- Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma
- A.S. Healthcare Management
- A.S. Health & Human Services
College of Health Care Professions
Founded by physicians 25 years ago in the renowned Texas medical center wishing to provide training in the allied health care field, The College of Health Care Professions is an ABHES-accredited institution with a long tradition of success. We are dedicated to providing quality online training programs, which conveniently provide you the knowledge and technical proficiency necessary to become employable in entry-level allied health care positions, all while supporting your continued career goals.
- Health Information Management
Advantages of Online Medical Billing Schools
The most obvious advantage to obtaining medical billing training through online medical billing schools is the convenience of learning at your own pace. This is a particular advantage if you are already working and you wish to take an online medical billing program in order to begin your first career, make a career move, or advance your current career.
Beyond this however, there are other advantages to attending online medical billing schools that you may not have noticed:
- Work at Home: Going to school online means you can take medical billing and coding classes from the convenience of your own home. This is great for students with disabilities, limited resources for travel, a family, or other time commitments.
- Save Money: Another advantage of online medical billing programs is that they enable you to save money. Online medical billing programs often cost less than on-campus programs because the lack of a brick-and-mortar building means less liability and overhead for the school. Lack of commuting expenses can also be a substantial savings.
- Flexibility: Online medical billing schools do not use rigid classroom schedules, so you can choose the hours you study to fit in with your regular, daily routine and any other commitments you may have.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in the field of medicine, online medical billing schools can open many exciting opportunities for employment within the healthcare profession. Also be sure to see: