Online Medical Billing Schools & Programs
Online medical billing degree programs, taken through accredited online medical billing schools, can be a major asset in your quest to join the field of medical billing and coding. Medical billers work with patients and insurance carriers to make sure payments are received in a timely manner. You can become a skilled medical billing professional and earn a good medical billing salary by pursuing online medical billing schools.
While studying for your online medical billing degree you will develop an understanding of human anatomy, the complex language used by medical professionals, and the laws and regulations that apply to the field of medical billing and coding. You will also learn about the practical and legal aspects of health insurance, types of healthcare plans, criteria for judging who is eligible for health insurance, and how to code, properly document, and bill for any services rendered to patients by medical professionals.
Graduates of online medical billing schools have employment opportunities in clinics, hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient surgery centers, dental offices, government agencies and long-term care facilities.
Online Medical Billing Schools Enrolling Now
Westwood College is an institution of higher learning founded in Denver, Colorado in 1953. Today, Westwood has 14 campuses across California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia and an online campus. Westwood offers a unique hands-on, career-focused curriculum providing three-year bachelor’s degrees in high-growth fields. We have over 8,000 students enrolled in one of our degree programs in technology, healthcare, business, design, justice and industrial services. To date, nearly 30,000 Westwood graduates have transformed their lives by obtaining the skills, tools, experience and connections necessary to achieve meaningful careers.
- Medical Insurance Coding and Billing (A)
Allen School of Health Sciences - Online
Since 1961, the Allen School has trained over 63,000 women and men in the medical field. Will you be next? Unlike other schools, the Allen School specializes in training medical professionals ONLY. That’s why doctor’s line up to hire Allen School graduates. Plus, with Allen School’s unique Fast-Track to Success program, you can learn in as little as 9 months what other schools require 15 months to complete. You qualify for the same job, the same pay and get 6 full months of your life back. Bottom line: you save time and money. Only the Allen School has it.
Allen School is Nationally Accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education and Licensed by the States of NY & AZ.
- Allen School of Health Sciences
- Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Administrative Assistant - Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
AmeriTech College Online
Even in today’s economy, the demand for skilled workers shows no signs of slowing. Experts predict that healthcare will generate 3 million new wage and salary jobs between 2006 and 2016-more than any other industry.
Since 1979, AmeriTech College has successfully prepared students for rewarding opportunities in the healthcare industry.
- AmeriTech College Online
- Medical Coding and Reimbursement
- Health Information Technology
Pittsburgh Technical Institute
Thanks for your interest in Pittsburgh Technical Institute. As the marketplace continues to become more competitive, PTI builds curriculums designed to give you the skills you need to compete. In fact, because we know you’re busy, we’ve created online programs that allow you to earn your certificate or associate’s degree on your own time.
- Pittsburgh Technical Institute
- Medical Coding
- Medical Office Administration
Virginia College provides the convenience of flexible class schedules with the benefits of small class sizes. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, helping open doors for everyone who wants to improve his or her education and opportunities!
- Healthcare Reimbursement
College of Health Care Professionals
Why Choose CHCP Online?
- Flexible course schedules – complete your work when you choose, wherever you choose
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Student Services Advisors provided to all online students
- Instructors hold direct industry experience in their respective fields
- Timely, relevant program curriculums
- 24/7 IT support
- Medical Office Specialist
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
- Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- A.S. Healthcare Management
At Vatterott, our job is not over after students enroll in one of our programs… it is just beginning. Vatterott’s professional Career Services Team is designed to provide students with the necessary tools and resources needed to put their career skills to use. Career Services provides job search guidance, resume review, mock interviewing, resume referral, career fair opportunities, and more.
- Medical Billing and Coding
Are you looking to enhance your skills or begin a challenging new career? Allied Schools can help by providing a high quality education to help you achieve your goals.
Allied Schools is a leading, nationally accredited institution with more than 25 online, flexible certificate programs in the fields of business, real estate, and health care.
Our online learning environment caters to the unique needs of busy adults seeking to develop necessary skills to begin a new career or change career paths. That’s why Allied has more than 1 million enrollments since 1992. Benefits like live education and tech support, interest-free pay plans and 24/7 course access ensure our students maintain a comfortable balance between their training goals and daily life.
- Allied Schools
- Medical Billing
- Medical Coding
Advantages of Online Medical Billing Schools
The most obvious advantage to obtaining medical billing training through online medical billing schools is the convenience of learning at your own pace. This is a particular advantage if you are already working and you wish to take an online medical billing program in order to begin your first career, make a career move, or advance your current career.
Beyond this however, there are other advantages to attending online medical billing schools that you may not have noticed:
- Work at Home: Going to school online means you can take medical billing and coding classes from the convenience of your own home. This is great for students with disabilities, limited resources for travel, a family, or other time commitments.
- Save Money: Another advantage of online medical billing programs is that they enable you to save money. Online medical billing programs often cost less than on-campus programs because the lack of a brick-and-mortar building means less liability and overhead for the school. Lack of commuting expenses can also be a substantial savings.
- Flexibility: Online medical billing schools do not use rigid classroom schedules, so you can choose the hours you study to fit in with your regular, daily routine and any other commitments you may have.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in the field of medicine, online medical billing schools can open many exciting opportunities for employment within the healthcare profession. Also be sure to see: