Online Medical Billing Schools & Programs
Online medical billing degree programs, taken through accredited online medical billing schools, can be a major asset in your quest to join the field of medical billing and coding. Medical billers work with patients and insurance carriers to make sure payments are received in a timely manner. You can become a skilled medical billing professional and earn a good medical billing salary by pursuing online medical billing schools.
While studying for your online medical billing degree you will develop an understanding of human anatomy, the complex language used by medical professionals, and the laws and regulations that apply to the field of medical billing and coding. You will also learn about the practical and legal aspects of health insurance, types of healthcare plans, criteria for judging who is eligible for health insurance, and how to code, properly document, and bill for any services rendered to patients by medical professionals.
Graduates of online medical billing schools have employment opportunities in clinics, hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient surgery centers, dental offices, government agencies and long-term care facilities.
Online Medical Billing Schools Enrolling Now
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
- Health Sciences Associate (Pharm. Tech.)
- A.S. Health Information Technology
- Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- A.S. Healthcare Management
- A.S. Health & Human Services
Take your life in an exciting new direction with an education from Virginia College! Graduates of Virginia College can be confident in the skills and training that they’ve received because programs are designed for their success. Virginia College focuses on the needs of the job market of each industry, creating programs that meet the needs of students and future employees alike.
Virginia College provides the convenience of flexible class schedules with the benefits of small class sizes. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, helping open doors for everyone who wants to improve his or her education and opportunities!
Virginia College provides a number of choices in order to offer you the education that best fits your needs and goals, from diploma and associate degree programs to bachelor degree programs at some locations. Virginia College’s school of business management even offers graduate degrees at select campuses. Programs are also offered in a number of different fields, providing choices as varied as graphic design degrees or paralegal studies. Whether you’re interested in criminal justice schools or a cosmetology college, Virginia College has a choice that’s right for you!
Classes Start May 13th, 2015!
- Healthcare Reimbursement
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students — their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential — that’s why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That’s the Harrison Difference.
Harrison College campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national institutional accrediting body, to award associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees and certificates. The award level varies by campus.
- Medical Reimbursement Technology
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Office Assistant
Advantages of Online Medical Billing Schools
The most obvious advantage to obtaining medical billing training through online medical billing schools is the convenience of learning at your own pace. This is a particular advantage if you are already working and you wish to take an online medical billing program in order to begin your first career, make a career move, or advance your current career.
Beyond this however, there are other advantages to attending online medical billing schools that you may not have noticed:
- Work at Home: Going to school online means you can take medical billing and coding classes from the convenience of your own home. This is great for students with disabilities, limited resources for travel, a family, or other time commitments.
- Save Money: Another advantage of online medical billing programs is that they enable you to save money. Online medical billing programs often cost less than on-campus programs because the lack of a brick-and-mortar building means less liability and overhead for the school. Lack of commuting expenses can also be a substantial savings.
- Flexibility: Online medical billing schools do not use rigid classroom schedules, so you can choose the hours you study to fit in with your regular, daily routine and any other commitments you may have.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in the field of medicine, online medical billing schools can open many exciting opportunities for employment within the healthcare profession. Also be sure to see: