Online Healthcare Management Degrees
With an online healthcare management degree you are better prepared for a future as a medical or health service manager. Whether you choose to manage an entire medical facility or specialize in a particular medical department you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the practice and staying abreast of the changing medical laws, regulations and technology. While studying your online healthcare management degree, you will learn about healthcare management terminology, healthcare finance, community health, ethics of healthcare outcomes and legal aspects of running healthcare facilities.
To become a medical manager you have two types of online healthcare management degree, either a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Care Management or a Master of Health Administration (MHA). A BS in Health Care Management will enable you to gain employment in smaller health care facilities and departments, or you can use it as a foundation for a master’s degree. With an MHA, you have the potential to manage larger facilities or oversee several other administrators.
Online Healthcare Management Programs Enrolling Now
Ashford University Online
Technology changes everything. Now knowledge is everywhere, for everyone, making earning your college degree a real possibility. Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University or join us on campus. Earn the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree you’ve always wanted because achievement belongs to all of us.
- Ashford University Online
- MA/Health Care Administration
- BA/Health Care Administration: Long-Term Care Management
- BA/Health Care Administration: No specialization
- BA/Health Care Studies: Health Studies
- BA/Health Informatics
- BA/Health Care Studies: Health Care Administration
- BA/Health Care Studies: No Concentration
- BA/Health & Wellness
Virginia College provides the convenience of flexible class schedules with the benefits of small class sizes. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, helping open doors for everyone who wants to improve his or her education and opportunities!
- Medical Office Administration
- Health Services Management
- Business Administration - Healthcare
College of Health Care Professionals
Why Choose CHCP Online?
- Flexible course schedules – complete your work when you choose, wherever you choose
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Student Services Advisors provided to all online students
- Instructors hold direct industry experience in their respective fields
- Timely, relevant program curriculums
- 24/7 IT support
- Health Information Technology Management
Kaplan University Online
At Kaplan University you’ll find professors with real-world experience who can help you develop your talent and achieve your goals. We offer more than 180 degrees in areas such as health sciences, legal studies, nursing, business and technology, and more!
Kaplan is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education with operations around the globe.
For Kaplan University Gainful Employment program disclosure information click here.
- Kaplan University Online
- Master of Health Information Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- MSM - Health Care Management
- Master of Health Informatics
- Master of Health Care Administration
West Virginia Junior College
Why Choose West Virginia Junior College
- In Demand Programs
- Quality Affordable Education
- Nationally Recognized Certifications
- Financial Aid Available to Those Who Qualify
- Placement Assistance
- Education That Works
- Online Programs
- Medical Office Administration - Associate Degree
Advantages of an online healthcare management degree
Flexibilty: Taking an online healthcare management degree rather than an on-site course gives you the flexibility to create a schedule that suits you and to work at your own pace. Unlike traditional campus-based courses, online studies allow you to review all the course materials fully until you feel ready to complete assignments or take tests. This means you can fit your study schedule around your family, your work schedule or your vacation time.
Lower Costs: Often an online healthcare management degree will cost you less than a traditional course. This is because you won’t have the cost of commuting or traditional classroom supplies. Because many Internet-based courses provide their reading materials online, you may also not have to worry about buying expensive text books.
No Classrooms: When you take an online healthcare management degree, all your classes will be online, so you won’t have to spend any time sitting in a classroom. All lectures are sent electronically via the Internet. If you are already working full-time this will make scheduling your classes much easier. It also means you won’t have to miss out on spending time with your family.
Transferring Credits: Should you decide that you wish to take some on-site classes while you are studying for your online healthcare management degree, you will not have a problem transferring your credits to participate in a traditional classroom-based course.
Also be sure to see: