Online Healthcare Schools & Programs
Online healthcare schools can prepare you for a great career path in the growing field of healthcare. Online healthcare programs are exploding with demand due to the rapid growth of the healthcare industry. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in healthcare are growing much faster than other industries. Online healthcare schools and online healthcare programs can help you be a part of this success.
Online healthcare schools provide the same education provided by traditional healthcare schools and programs, but in a convenient, flexible online format. Explore the online healthcare programs below and see which programs are right for you.
Online Healthcare Schools Enrolling Now
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Graduate Business Certificate in Health Services Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Pharmacy Technician - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Seize the opportunities in this growing industry.
With an estimated 71,200 job openings through the year 2024, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to choose a career path, such as:
- Certified Medical Biller and Coder – assign codes to patient records using ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codebooks for different diagnoses and medical procedures for in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Medical Office Administrator – responsible to keep the healthcare organization running smoothly and efficiently by directing and coordinating operations.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- Medical Secretary – maintain medical records, charts, correspondence, case history, reports, and insurance documents, among other duties.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Work Settings
With a degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records, gain the skills to be job-ready. Find yourself working with healthcare organizations such as:
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Physician Offices
- Health Information Vendors
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Insurance Companies
- Behavioral Health Settings
- College Health Settings
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
- Associate Degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records
Welcome to Platt College!
Platt College is a design school.
Platt College is a legal studies school.
Platt College is a medical careers school.
No matter what your aspirations, Platt College offers education for the career of a lifetime.
Established in 1985, Platt College has served the local Southern California community for over 30 years. At its three campuses in Alhambra, near Los Angeles, Ontario and Riverside, in the heart of the Inland Empire, Platt College offers flexible, accredited Associates and Bachelors degree programs in some of today’s most “recession-resistant” fields.
Platt College offers its students a rich and rewarding curriculum of educational courses and career training. Whether you’re interested in graphic arts and 3D animation, or a career as a paralegal or medical assistant, we have the program that will put you on the fast track to success.
Classes are conveniently scheduled during morning or evening hours to work around outside employment commitments. For working adults, Platt’s curriculum offers a way to continue earning a living while studying for a new career. Financial aid is available for qualified students, and the school maintains a full-time placement staff to assist students in gaining externship experience while in school and employment after graduation.
Distance Education Now Available For Our Veterinary Technician Programs!
Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Platt college and its educational programs are approved by the Bureau of Private Post-secondary Education (an office of the State of California, Department of Commerce) and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Online Distance Education
- Health Care Management
More Online Healthcare Programs
Choosing the Right Online Healthcare School
Choosing between online healthcare schools is no easy task. Different online healthcare schools offer different online healthcare programs, so there is a wide variety to choose from. You should be sure to choose the right program based on your career goals and educational background.
If your career goals are focused, and you know exactly what you want to do with your online healthcare degree, it will pay to enroll in a narrowly focused online healthcare program that will train you in only the skills you are looking for. However if you are uncertain of your healthcare career goals, it may be better to find broader online healthcare schools and programs, so you have room to change directions later.
It is also important to keep in mind that many healthcare careers, such as medical assisting, medical billing and coding, and nursing may require licensing or certification, so you should be sure your online healthcare program can prepare you for any certification needs you may have.
Online Healthcare Schools vs Traditional Healthcare Schools
Online healthcare schools are only different from traditional healthcare schools on the surface. Online healthcare programs still use a professor to assign work, help students and answer questions. What separates online healthcare schools and online healthcare programs from their campus-based counterparts is lack of a physical location, which provides more flexibility and fewer costs.
Read more about what online healthcare schools are like by reading our Guide to Taking an Online Course.