Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs
An online criminal justice degree will give you a more thorough understanding of the criminal justice and legal fields. Graduates of online criminal justice degree programs have gone on to join an expanding field that encompasses all areas of upholding state and federal laws, punishing those who break them and deterring others from committing such crimes. You can find an online criminal justice degree to suit your particular interests or with the goal of a specific career.
During the course of your online criminal justice degree, you will study the structure and function of the justice system, strategies for fighting crime, state and federal criminal laws, the various uses of technology in fighting crime, criminology theories, the function of government entities and public agencies in criminal justice, trends in crime fighting, personal and public safety and issues involving diversity and tolerance.
Additionally, students of an online criminal justice degree will develop personal skills in leadership, communication, decision making, teamwork, critical thinking and organization that will prove invaluable to their success in the world of criminal justice.
Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Criminal Justice Careers
Once you have completed your online criminal justice degree you’ll have a deeper understanding of a number of exciting jobs including:
- probation officer – monitoring parolees that have been released from the correctional system.
- police officer – working on the front line of the criminal justice system.
- forensic science technician – working in a lab, hospital or government agency to reconstruct events using samples from a crime scene.
- security guard – working alongside law enforcement to keep communities safe.
- fish and game warden – working in protected conservational areas to protect the habitat, wildlife and visitors.
- crime scene investigator – working in the field and lab to reconstruct crimes.
- FBI agent – enforcing federal law as an agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- immigration and customs enforcement agent – investigating, arresting, and deporting individuals who are in the United States illegally.
With such an array of highly specialized occupations, an online criminal justice degree can give you the foundation of knowledge needed to excel in whichever field you choose. Distance learning courses in criminal justice include Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, or Master’s Degree.
Also be sure to see: