Online Management Degree Programs
Those who work well with others, have good organizational skills and are natural born leaders may want to consider a rewarding career in management, where these natural strengths would be an asset. This field is both an art and a science. It is an art of helping people be more effective and efficient; and it is a science of planning and directing, as well as organizing and monitoring.
Online management degree programs can not only open doors for entry-level or assistant management jobs but can also facilitate advancement to mid and high-level managerial positions. Some businesses will subsidize their employees’ advanced education, making it even easier to get a degree while holding down a full-time job.
Online Management Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
- Sullivan University Online
- Associate - Beverage Management
- Associate - Logistics & Distribution Management
- Associate - Business Management
- Bachelor - Hospitality Management
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Logistics & Distribution Mgmt.
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Certificate - Conflict Management
Kaplan University Online
At Kaplan University you’ll find professors with real-world experience who can help you develop your talent and achieve your goals. We offer more than 180 degrees in areas such as health sciences, legal studies, nursing, business and technology, and more!
Kaplan is one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education with operations around the globe.
For Kaplan University Gainful Employment program disclosure information click here.
- Kaplan University Online
- MSM - Human Resources
- MSM - Health Care Management
- MSM - Leadership
- Master of Science in Management
- MSM - Organizational Design and Development
International Academy of Design & Technology
SEE, HEAR AND THINK UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE
You know there’s something different within you. You view the world unlike any other.
IADT blends design and technology with your raw talent to create a whole new breed of creative professional. So not only could you be ahead of the world-you just might change it. Get there with the guidance of instructors who specialize in design and technology, using the kind of software and technology used in the fields of Design, Media Arts, Technology and Business.
- Associate of Science - Retail Merchandise Management
- Bachelor of Science - Retail Merchandise Management
Harrison College is a nationally accredited college with more than 75,000 graduates. We offer a unique learning environment for students who want to pursue a career-focused, quality education and complete their degree in a student-centered atmosphere. In order to achieve your goals, we believe it’s important for us to take the time to get to know you. In fact, our students are often surprised at the one-on-one attention they receive here as compared to other institutions. You’ll experience it throughout every stage of your Harrison experience, from our Admissions Representatives to our Career Services staff and financial aid analysts to our course instructors. Each of us believes it is our goal to help you achieve yours.
- Business Management
At Globe University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Globe University. We offer master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. Our graduates are prepared for careers in business, health science, technology, legal science and creative media.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Science in Health Fitness Management
What is Involved in an Online Management Degree Program?
Those interested in this field can choose from an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate program. In addition, online management degree programs are available that are industry specific, such as financial or healthcare management. The curriculum of study will equip students with an arsenal of practical approaches and strategies to be used in dealing with a spectrum of work situations. Fundamentals of online management degree programs will include communications, leadership and statistics, along with business ethics and technology.
Students who pursue an online management degree can expect to spend as much time in class as they would in a traditional classroom setting. Additionally, they will be given deadlines for posting assignments each week. Tests are taken online and students are given links for communicating with instructors, participating in group discussion and for submitting homework. The difference in online management degree programs and those in brick and mortar universities is that they permit scheduling flexibility, an enormous advantage that allows those with other responsibilities to further their education.
About Online Management Degree Programs
Online management degrees prepare students to become business managers — that is, the people in an organization responsible for pulling workers together and making projects flow smoothly.
Typical courses for online management programs include:
- Human resource management
- Management information systems
- Leadership skills
- Organizational behavior
- Organizational hierarchy
- Strategic planning
- Labor relations
- Conflict resolution
- Financial management
- Project management
- Employment law
- Critical thinking
- Public relations
- Division of labor and resources
- Operations management
Additionally, online management program students develop personal skills to aid them in any workplace, like decisiveness, communication clarity, ethics, motivational ability, entrepreneurial thinking, logic and comfort with leadership.
Students in online management programs may choose to specialize in one area of management, such as:
- Health Care Management: Positions of leadership in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, long-term care facilities, HMOs and similar organizations involved in health care delivery
- Human Resource Management: Positions of leadership in human resources departments in corporations, non-profit organizations, employment agencies and government entities
- Retail Management: Positions of leadership in retail chains and franchises or small businesses
- Management of Information Systems: Positions of leadership in information technology departments within corporations and government agencies
- Public Administration: Positions of leadership in governmental organizations on the local, state or federal level
- Accounting Management: Positions of leadership in the accounting industry
- Education: Positions of leadership in education, from individual schools or universities to wider jurisdictions
- Marketing: Positions of leadership in sales and marketing companies or departments
- Organizational Management: Positions of leadership specializing in new managerial methods and organizational transitions
- Business Administration: Positions of leadership in a wide range of businesses
Regardless of the concentration, though, any online program in management aims to build a high level of aptitude in the administration of a business’s human resources.
For more information about online management degrees and programs, see these links:
The Future Looks Bright for Those Pursuing an Online Management Degree
Managers are employed in every industry and profession. The compensation will vary widely depending upon the field and level of education attained. Those with experience and quality credentials are among the highest paid professionals in the workforce. Some of the highest paid industries include sales, marketing, and human resources, in addition to science, finance and information systems. Top executives in companies are also well compensated. The job outlook for managers is rosy, as the demand is expected to grow over the next decade in every industry except farming and ranching. Enrolling in an online management program is the first step of the journey to these careers.
Also be sure to see: