Those who work well with others, have good organizational skills and are natural born leaders may want to consider a rewarding career in management, where these natural strengths would be an asset. This field is both an art and a science. It is an art of helping people be more effective and efficient; and it is a science of planning and directing, as well as organizing and monitoring.
Online management degree programs can not only open doors for entry-level or assistant management jobs but can also facilitate advancement to mid and high-level managerial positions. Some businesses will subsidize their employees’ advanced education, making it even easier to get a degree while holding down a full-time job.
Online Management Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
What is Involved in an Online Management Degree Program?
Those interested in this field can choose from an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate program. In addition, online management degree programs are available that are industry specific, such as financial or healthcare management. The curriculum of study will equip students with an arsenal of practical approaches and strategies to be used in dealing with a spectrum of work situations. Fundamentals of online management degree programs will include communications, leadership and statistics, along with business ethics and technology.
Students who pursue an online management degree can expect to spend as much time in class as they would in a traditional classroom setting. Additionally, they will be given deadlines for posting assignments each week. Tests are taken online and students are given links for communicating with instructors, participating in group discussion and for submitting homework. The difference in online management degree programs and those in brick and mortar universities is that they permit scheduling flexibility, an enormous advantage that allows those with other responsibilities to further their education.
About Online Management Degree Programs
Online management degrees prepare students to become business managers — that is, the people in an organization responsible for pulling workers together and making projects flow smoothly.
Typical courses for online management programs include:
- Human resource management
- Management information systems
- Leadership skills
- Organizational behavior
- Organizational hierarchy
- Strategic planning
- Labor relations
- Conflict resolution
- Financial management
- Project management
- Employment law
- Critical thinking
- Public relations
- Division of labor and resources
- Operations management
Additionally, online management program students develop personal skills to aid them in any workplace, like decisiveness, communication clarity, ethics, motivational ability, entrepreneurial thinking, logic and comfort with leadership.
Students in online management programs may choose to specialize in one area of management, such as:
- Health Care Management: Positions of leadership in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, long-term care facilities, HMOs and similar organizations involved in health care delivery
- Human Resource Management: Positions of leadership in human resources departments in corporations, non-profit organizations, employment agencies and government entities
- Retail Management: Positions of leadership in retail chains and franchises or small businesses
- Management of Information Systems: Positions of leadership in information technology departments within corporations and government agencies
- Public Administration: Positions of leadership in governmental organizations on the local, state or federal level
- Accounting Management: Positions of leadership in the accounting industry
- Education: Positions of leadership in education, from individual schools or universities to wider jurisdictions
- Marketing: Positions of leadership in sales and marketing companies or departments
- Organizational Management: Positions of leadership specializing in new managerial methods and organizational transitions
- Business Administration: Positions of leadership in a wide range of businesses
Regardless of the concentration, though, any online program in management aims to build a high level of aptitude in the administration of a business’s human resources.
For more information about online management degrees and programs, see these links:
The Future Looks Bright for Those Pursuing an Online Management Degree
Managers are employed in every industry and profession. The compensation will vary widely depending upon the field and level of education attained. Those with experience and quality credentials are among the highest paid professionals in the workforce. Some of the highest paid industries include sales, marketing, and human resources, in addition to science, finance and information systems. Top executives in companies are also well compensated. The job outlook for managers is rosy, as the demand is expected to grow over the next decade in every industry except farming and ranching. Enrolling in an online management program is the first step of the journey to these careers.
Also be sure to see: