Online Accounting Degree Programs
Online accounting degree programs teach accounting concepts according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), the standard set of accounting practices for accountants in the US.
Online accounting programs and online accounting degrees are in especially high demand in recent years due to increased financial scrutiny by corporations and the government. Budgeting controls and issues related to finance ethics have led to increased attention on bookkeeping and financial records. This means a strong job market for the fields of finance and risk management.
Online accounting degree programs are available at the associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree (MBA) levels. Explore the online accounting programs below to see which is right for you.
Online Accounting Programs Enrolling Now
Potomac College Online
Education on Your Terms
Imagine being able to pursue your degree at a pace and time that works with your busy schedule. Potomac College offers practical and tailored curriculum to a diverse community of working adults and students. It is our goal to make education affordable and obtainable regardless of your schedule. Our academic advisors are trained to assess your educational needs and tailor a curriculum that matches your career goals and expected time of completion. And with two convenient locations in Washington, D.C. and Vienna, VA, your view for a better life broadens the moment you sign up. Let us introduce you to a better you. Let us open the potential of all your talent. Let us show you how far you can go.
- Potomac College Online
- International Business-Finance-B.S.
- International Business-Accounting-B.S.
- Accounting-International Business-B.S.
- Accounting-Government Contract Management-B.S.
- Accounting-Healthcare Management-B.S.
Everest University Online
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University makes career-training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule, Everest University Online allows students to learn from home and offers the same well-respected curriculum available at a traditional campus.
- Everest University Online
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
Ashford University Online
Technology changes everything. Now knowledge is everywhere, for everyone, making earning your college degree a real possibility. Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University or join us on campus. Earn the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree you’ve always wanted because achievement belongs to all of us.
- Ashford University Online
- BA/Consumer and Family Financial Services
- BA/Business Administration/Accounting
- BA/Organizational Mgmt./Accounting
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Certificate in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
The education and skills training you will receive here at InterCoast is directed toward the development of technical skills and knowledge, along with the development of professional attitudes and behaviors related to study and work habits, interpersonal communication skills, self discipline, and confidence.
- Week day and Weekend Programs!
- Lifetime Career Assistance
- Small Class Sizes ensure better Student/Teacher Ratios
- Professional Certification Programs
- Convenient Locations
- Real World Experience & Training
- Computerized Accounting
Online Accounting Programs Teach Real-World Skills
Online accounting degree programs can prepare you to manage the financial resources of firms, organizations and corporate departments. Additionally, you will develop the teamwork, communication and decision-making skills vital for success in any business. Unlike many disciplines, accounting is an exact science, meaning one can become an expert simply by learning all known accounting principles. This separates it from trades such as marketing, where a degree of creativity and personal resourcefulness is needed to succeed. Thus, online accounting degree programs are a great option for business professionals seeking a stable career path.
In online accounting programs, students encounter real-world case studies that require them to utilize what they’ve learned in order to develop a strong economic foundation, as well as ethical, strategic and technological skill sets. They also learn to use accounting tools such as worksheets, ledgers, journals and accounting software.
Online accounting program students may specialize in a specific area of accounting, such as:
- Public Accounting: Independent accounting services for corporations, governments, nonprofits and individuals
- Management Accounting (Controlling): Cost management, tracking, financial analysis and report preparation for purposes of management
- Government and Nonprofit Accounting: Accounting for state and local governments and nonprofit organizations
- Auditing: Reviewing the accounting decisions of others to protect against fraud and other accounting fallacies
- Tax Accounting: Accounting services businesses use for state and Federal tax purposes
Upon graduation, online accounting program students who earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) accounting degree may choose to pursue professional certifications such as:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)