Online Accounting Degree Programs
Online accounting degree programs teach accounting concepts according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), the standard set of accounting practices for accountants in the US.
Online accounting programs and online accounting degrees are in especially high demand in recent years due to increased financial scrutiny by corporations and the government. Budgeting controls and issues related to finance ethics have led to increased attention on bookkeeping and financial records. This means a strong job market for the fields of finance and risk management.
Online accounting degree programs are available at the associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree (MBA) levels. Explore the online accounting programs below to see which is right for you.
Online Accounting Programs Enrolling Now
California College San Diego
California College San Diego(sm) is a nonprofit institution that is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The college offers fast, career-focused degree programs in healthcare, business and information technology. The goal of the college is to quickly and conveniently prepare you to become a competent professional to enter a career in your chosen field.
- San Marcos, CA
- Business Management & Accounting - Property Management (AAS)
- Business Management & Accounting - Event Planning (AAS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting - Forensic Accounting (BS)
- Accounting (BS)
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration: Accounting
American InterContinental University
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get in, get moving, and get ahead.
* Not all credits eligible to transfer. See the University’s catalog regarding AIU’s transfer credit policies.
- American InterContinental University
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- Master of Accounting
Online Accounting Programs Teach Real-World Skills
Online accounting degree programs can prepare you to manage the financial resources of firms, organizations and corporate departments. Additionally, you will develop the teamwork, communication and decision-making skills vital for success in any business. Unlike many disciplines, accounting is an exact science, meaning one can become an expert simply by learning all known accounting principles. This separates it from trades such as marketing, where a degree of creativity and personal resourcefulness is needed to succeed. Thus, online accounting degree programs are a great option for business professionals seeking a stable career path.
In online accounting programs, students encounter real-world case studies that require them to utilize what they’ve learned in order to develop a strong economic foundation, as well as ethical, strategic and technological skill sets. They also learn to use accounting tools such as worksheets, ledgers, journals and accounting software.
Online accounting program students may specialize in a specific area of accounting, such as:
- Public Accounting: Independent accounting services for corporations, governments, nonprofits and individuals
- Management Accounting (Controlling): Cost management, tracking, financial analysis and report preparation for purposes of management
- Government and Nonprofit Accounting: Accounting for state and local governments and nonprofit organizations
- Auditing: Reviewing the accounting decisions of others to protect against fraud and other accounting fallacies
- Tax Accounting: Accounting services businesses use for state and Federal tax purposes
Upon graduation, online accounting program students who earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) accounting degree may choose to pursue professional certifications such as:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)