Online Accounting Degree Programs
Online accounting degree programs teach accounting concepts according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), the standard set of accounting practices for accountants in the US.
Online accounting programs and online accounting degrees are in especially high demand in recent years due to increased financial scrutiny by corporations and the government. Budgeting controls and issues related to finance ethics have led to increased attention on bookkeeping and financial records. This means a strong job market for the fields of finance and risk management.
Online Accounting Programs Teach Real-World Skills
Online accounting degree programs can prepare you to manage the financial resources of firms, organizations and corporate departments. Additionally, you will develop the teamwork, communication and decision-making skills vital for success in any business. Unlike many disciplines, accounting is an exact science, meaning one can become an expert simply by learning all known accounting principles. This separates it from trades such as marketing, where a degree of creativity and personal resourcefulness is needed to succeed. Thus, online accounting degree programs are a great option for business professionals seeking a stable career path.
In online accounting programs, students encounter real-world case studies that require them to utilize what they’ve learned in order to develop a strong economic foundation, as well as ethical, strategic and technological skill sets. They also learn to use accounting tools such as worksheets, ledgers, journals and accounting software.
Online accounting program students may specialize in a specific area of accounting, such as:
- Public Accounting: Independent accounting services for corporations, governments, nonprofits and individuals
- Management Accounting (Controlling): Cost management, tracking, financial analysis and report preparation for purposes of management
- Government and Nonprofit Accounting: Accounting for state and local governments and nonprofit organizations
- Auditing: Reviewing the accounting decisions of others to protect against fraud and other accounting fallacies
- Tax Accounting: Accounting services businesses use for state and Federal tax purposes
Upon graduation, online accounting program students who earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) accounting degree may choose to pursue professional certifications such as:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Online accounting degree programs are available at the associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree (MBA) levels. Explore the online accounting programs below to see which is right for you.
Online Accounting Programs Enrolling Now
Keiser University Graduate School
Grow, lead, succeed – with an online graduate degree
Keiser University Graduate School provides student-centered, quality career education that enables you to make an immediate contribution to your profession. For over 35 years, Keiser University’s commitment to excellence has led to success for our graduates. Our unique combination of a strong curriculum rich in relevant courses for today’s workforce and our students-first approach provides an outstanding academic experience. Become part of a caring, learning environment, whether online or on campus, led by experienced faculty who bring you real-world challenges and solutions.
- Keiser University Graduate School
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Accountancy with concentrations in General Accounting and Forensic Accounting
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Master of Business Administration: Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
Charter College Online
Charter College is a private, independent institution of higher education that follows a new direction. Charter College is neither a liberal arts college, a university, nor a vocational school. Instead, Charter College borrows certain elements from each of those respected educational institutions to create a unique and innovative experience for our students.
We offer career training programs in the growing fields of health care, business, the legal field, criminal justice, information technology, and select trade careers. We strive to provide our students with a career-focused education that is both relevant in today’s workspace and cutting-edge in technology and focus.
- Charter College - Vancouver - Online
- Charter College - Fife - Online
- Charter College - Lynnwood - Online
- Charter College - Anchorage - Online
- Charter College - Oxnard - Online
- Charter College - Canyon Country - Online
- Charter College - Wasilla - Online
- Charter College - Lancaster - Online
- BS - Accounting
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students — their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential — that’s why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That’s the Harrison Difference.
Harrison College campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national institutional accrediting body, to award associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees and certificates. The award level varies by campus.