Online Accounting Degree Programs
Online accounting degree programs teach accounting concepts according to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), the standard set of accounting practices for accountants in the US.
Online accounting programs and online accounting degrees are in especially high demand in recent years due to increased financial scrutiny by corporations and the government. Budgeting controls and issues related to finance ethics have led to increased attention on bookkeeping and financial records. This means a strong job market for the fields of finance and risk management.
Online accounting degree programs are available at the associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree (MBA) levels. Explore the online accounting programs below to see which is right for you.
Online Accounting Programs Enrolling Now
Kaplan University’s high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs are designed to fit the schedule of busy professionals. An accredited university offering 170 degrees and programs, we are committed to helping those with talent and dedication earn their degree.*
Through a progressive curriculum, accomplished faculty, and the flexibility to study virtually anytime, anywhere you have an Internet connection, Kaplan University could help you build the skills and credentials to pursue your career and educational goals.†
*Kaplan University is regionally accredited. See our website for details. Please note that not all programs are offered at all locations.
†Kaplan University’s programs are designed to prepare graduates to pursue employment in their field of study, or in related fields. However, the University does not guarantee that graduates will be placed in any particular job, eligible for job advancement opportunities, or employed at all. Additional training or certification may be required.
- Lewiston, ME
- BSA - Managerial Accountancy
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- BS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Audit Specialization
- MS in Accounting
- BSA - Auditing/Forensic Accountancy
- BSA - Public Accountancy
- AAS in Accounting
- BSA - Tax Accountancy
- MS in Accounting- Tax Specialization
- MS in Accounting - Finance Specialization
New England College of Business
New England College of Business offers affordable online degree programs backed by 100 years of educating successful business professionals.
- Basic Accounting Certificate
- Intermediate Accounting Certificate
- Master of Science in Finance
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.
- Ashworth College
- Tax Preparation
- Accounting Basics
Online Accounting Programs Teach Real-World Skills
Online accounting degree programs can prepare you to manage the financial resources of firms, organizations and corporate departments. Additionally, you will develop the teamwork, communication and decision-making skills vital for success in any business. Unlike many disciplines, accounting is an exact science, meaning one can become an expert simply by learning all known accounting principles. This separates it from trades such as marketing, where a degree of creativity and personal resourcefulness is needed to succeed. Thus, online accounting degree programs are a great option for business professionals seeking a stable career path.
In online accounting programs, students encounter real-world case studies that require them to utilize what they’ve learned in order to develop a strong economic foundation, as well as ethical, strategic and technological skill sets. They also learn to use accounting tools such as worksheets, ledgers, journals and accounting software.
Online accounting program students may specialize in a specific area of accounting, such as:
- Public Accounting: Independent accounting services for corporations, governments, nonprofits and individuals
- Management Accounting (Controlling): Cost management, tracking, financial analysis and report preparation for purposes of management
- Government and Nonprofit Accounting: Accounting for state and local governments and nonprofit organizations
- Auditing: Reviewing the accounting decisions of others to protect against fraud and other accounting fallacies
- Tax Accounting: Accounting services businesses use for state and Federal tax purposes
Upon graduation, online accounting program students who earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) accounting degree may choose to pursue professional certifications such as:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)